Before I proceed with a discussion about the age of the earth controversy in the church, I want to describe my target audience. Although I welcome everyone to read this blog, I am writing specifically to people who share a common set of values with me.
- I believe that we can know the truth and that the truth will set us free.
- I purpose to follow truth wherever it leads and accept truth wherever I find it.
- I want anything false in my thinking to be exposed and corrected.
- I think that honest, courteous discussion can be a path toward truth.
Those four values might fit into any worldview, and anyone who shares them may find it worthwhile to read Grammas’ Guide. However, I begin this discussion on a foundation of two solid convictions forged in a sixty-year journey toward truth:
- Jesus Christ is the Creator and Savior of mankind.
- The Bible (both Old and New Testaments) is truth in its entirety.
In the future, I will probably discuss the reasons for my absolute belief in these two premises. However, in Grammas’ Guide, I always write with assurance that Jesus is Lord and His word is true.
Now you can decide whether or not you want to follow or join this discussion.